Friday, April 13, 2012

First Letter

We got  Jacob's first letter.  The one they take you in and have you write that first day so moms don't come and get their boys.  It was great.  He sounds better already.  I am going to transcribe it and I hope he wont mind.  (Knowing Jacob. he will be mad. Oh well.)
Ok family,
I am doing fine. I miss you so bad my teeth hurt but I am going to do it.  It helps to think of Christ.  He left his home above which, believe it or not, is bigger than our family, and he did not just go for two years. He went for 30 long years and he did not get to fly home. He atoned for all our sins and then was crucified. So it is not so bad when you look at it that way.  But if I look at it from my end I start to cry. So I will forget myself and go to work.  I love you all more now than I ever have before. I miss all of you so much, even all your snoring and I just love all of you so that I can't even breathe.
PS. Will you send me some hangers for the closet. I forgot them. I miss you too much.
Love Jacob or Elder Esplin
PPS Tell Lawrence I met and old friend of his Junichi Maeda. He will know who it is

I bet that first week is hard and lonely.  I just want to keep it so Logan, Isaac, and Zachary will know what to expect.  I also want Jacob to have it to show his sons when they go on missions. .  

No comments:

Post a Comment