Sunday, May 13, 2012

First Letter From Maine

I finally got a letter from Jacob in Maine.  He sounds good but a little homesick.  It sounds like his mission president is wonderful.  Here is his letter.

Hi Family, 
Everything is ok. I am in a good place on the border of Maine and New Hampshire, in a town called Kittery.  I am sorry I cant write as much as my trainer is really particular about that one rule.  He is a good man though.  His brother died of cancer and he just stayed out here.  I am learning to like it here.  I am right on the coast.  We have to drive across a big bridge to get to town.  I will try to send you some pics but I don't know how that will work.  Just because I can only write to you once a week doesn't mean I love you any less or that you cant write to me every day. Please continue to send me letters about anything and everything.  Your letters are what keep me going.  They are my foundation of all that I am trying to share.  It helps to get reminded of how great the church is for families.  I love you so much.  I just got your package.  It is wonderful how much all of you love me.  My first couple of hours here were super sad.  I missed you so bad I needed some help.  Then I had my interview with President Wilkey.  He knows Mr. Wood and Ferril Heaton.  It was so weird.  He knows all about Orderville so that helped already.  But then he had me pray and I almost started bawling.  So President Wilkey is a great man. He said that by the way I prayed it said a lot about me.  He then had me turn to D&C 31.  He said change the name to Jacob and read it.  I have done that lots of times but this time it hit me so hard I gasped out loud.  My Saviour Jesus Christ was speaking to me right them.  President Wilkey promised me that my family will be blessed because of my service.  Going on a mission is the best thing I could do for you.  He said that promise was from the Savior as if he was in the room talking to me himself.  When he said those words I say Jesus Christ our Lord. He testified of the truth of President Wilkey's words.  St I know all my family will be ok.  Now I can tell you with conviction that I know that my Redeemer lives and cares about each and every one of us.  All I need to do is tell everyone that and I will have a good mission.  
Love Elder Esplin. 


Man, when I read this letter I was crying myself before I got finished.  He sounds like he is doing good.  Now I am just waiting for him to phone.  He will call on Mother's Day at 5:00 pm.  I can't waitl  

No comments:

Post a Comment